Join Our Community
The Association for Psychoanalytic Medicine welcomes new members to our community. We include psychoanalysts, psychoanalytic candidates, psychoanalytic therapists and cross-disciplinary academics with an interest in psychoanalysis. Our members live around the world, but are largely based in New York City and its surrounding area.
Benefits Of Membership
Members of the APM are part of a vibrant, urban psychoanalytic community and an organization that hosts
- monthly scientific meetings at the Columbia University Faculty House
- one or two day symposia every few years (most recently On The Body)
- peer supervision groups, known as RAPS groups
- mini-courses and special speakers
- Movie Night at the Thalia annually – with dinner!
- publishes a semi-annual Bulletin with works by members
- sends an elected representative to the American Psychoanalytic Association
- funds psychoanalytic research, including the Postgraduate Career Development Study
If you have received full psychoanalytic training and have graduated in good standing from an institute accredited by the American Psychoanalytic Association or by the International Psycho-Analytical Association, and meet requirements as to character, ethical and professional standards, you are eligible to become an Active Member. If you have have made outstanding contributions to psychoanalysis, you may be eligible for Honorary Membership. Candidate Members must be enrolled in APsA or IPA-approved institutes. Graduates of psychotherapy programs at the Columbia University Center for Psychoanalytic Training and Research are eligible for Affiliate Membership. Those involved in academic pursuits in the behavioral sciences, the humanities and/or allied research related to psychoanalytic thinking, teaching and investigation are eligible for consideration for election to Special Membership.
Apply For Membership
- Application for Candidate Membership.
- Application for Active Membership.
- Application for Affiliate Membership.
- For other membership categories, please email us through the Contact Form.